terça-feira, 7 de fevereiro de 2012

Oscar Wilde

"I love him and always loved him", Wilde wrote to Reggie Turner shortly after his arrival. "He ruined my life, and for that reason I seem forced to love him more: and I think that now I shall do some lovely work. Bosie is himself a poet, far the best of all the young poets of England, an exquisite artist in lyric and ballad. It is to a poet that I am going back. So when people say how dreadful of me to return to Bosie, do say NO. Say that I love him, that he is a poet, and that, after all, whatever my life may have been ethically, it has always been romantic - and Bosie is my romance. My romance is a tragedy of course, but it is none the less a romance - and he loves me very dearly, more than he loves or can love anyone else, and without him my life was dreary". (p. 337).

Oscar Wilde, A Biography, H. Montgomery Hyde, Penguin, Classic Biography, 2001.

1 comentário:

  1. OW
    esse grande senhor das letras, que morreu na miséria e difamado porque ousou amar...

    ResponderEliminar